Monday, March 16, 2009

This Things I Believe

  • Hey, Travis Henry get a vasectomy, for God's sake.

  • I can't stop listening to this song.

  • This is the first Monday I haven't had Macy with me in a long, long time. I hope I remember to feed her mice tonight. We usually do it together on Mondays.

  • I'm really looking forward to turning all this snow into water by the end of the week.

  • Crap, my hair is getting long.

  • I love the word asinine, as in, "this post is asinine".

  • A shiny new nothing to the first person to identify from whose album I stole the title of this post.

4 comments:

  1. it's either a very obscure artist or you misspelled it. i could go either way.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wielding a coffee mug, Homer sits on the couch while listening to the radio.

    Bill: That was John Calhoun with ``I'm gonna find me a genie with a magic bikini''.
    Marty: [laugh] Of course... John's next album was a spoken word album of his right-wing political views; it kinda killed his career. If you can tell me the name of the album, call our contest line now!

    Homer's gasps (``Oh, I know that!'') and runs to the stereo, selecting a record (`These Things I Believe'). He runs to the phone and dials.
    Surprise, surprise, he gets through on the first try.

    Homer: Hello, this is Homer Simpson.
    Radioguy1: Homer, can you name that title?
    Homer: [looking directly at the album] THIS-THINGS-I-BELIEVE.
    Radioguy1: D'aaa, can we accept that?
    [sound of a cash register]
    Homer: [fist in the air] Wow Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well she doesn't know they're mice.

    ReplyDelete