Sunday, March 15, 2009

How Hard Can This Be?

I do all my banking online. State Bank is generally great. Their online system is good: I can pay bills in advance, I can schedule recurring payments, order checks, download statements directly to my financial software, yay bank.

I still receive paper statements in the mail every month. In those monthly statements is an invitation to sign up for paperless statements. You'd think I'd want to do that, and you'd be right. Hey, I don't have to worry about my statements falling into the wrong hands and I can save what will add up to a tree over the next 847 months.

But I refuse to. Why, you ask (or maybe you didn't, whatever)? It's because for some incredibly asinine reason I can't sign up for paperless billing using my online account. I have to create a separate online account just to check a box saying "send me statements via email". I'm sure it's because the 3rd party that does their statement processing is different than the 3rd party company that does their other online functions. Here's my succint and sincere argument why this shouldn't matter:

I don't care.

I refuse to create another account for banking. Get it under one umbrella or keep wasting money mailing me statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment