Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Once Again, Northwest Airlines, You Earn My Scorn

The following is a running diary of my experience on nwa.com:

7:28pm: Logged on by entering my Frequent Flier #, last name and PIN.

7:31pm: Main page finished loading.

7:32pm: Entered relevant information for picking a flight.

7:34pm: After picking flights, realized I couldn't apply frequent flier miles to one ticket; I would have to pay for one ticket, then purchase the other in a separate transaction.

7:45: Call the airline to buy the tickets in one transaction, as I don't want to find out after I buy the first ticket that the flight is full. The agent tells me that she can't do this in one transaction either and that furthermore she will have to tack $20 per ticket onto the cost for availing myself of her services.

7:48: I exhale, tell the ticket agent no thanks, hang up.

7:52: Go back to nwa.com, find itinerary again, try to buy tickets. Am told I need to re-log on.

7:53: I re-log on only to discover that the website throws away itinerary information after you log on. So I have to re-enter all my search criteria again.

7:56: I exhale, set the computer back down and re-enter the search criteria.

7:59: The site won't take my credit card.

8:04: I re-enter the credit card info and book the ticket.

8:08: I re-re-enter the search criteria to buy the other ticket.

8:12: nwa.com can't find the flight I just booked on the other ticket.

8:17: For fun I check NWA's new merge partner, Delta. I can find the flight there.

8:22: I re-re-re-enter my nwa.com logon info. This time the flight is there. The return flight, however, is not.

8:31: I login to my Facebook account and join the following groups:
  • Northwest Airlines Sucks.
  • Northwest Airlines Sucks!
  • Northwest Airlines Totally Sucks! (seriously; check my profile)

8:47: I re-re-re-re-log in to nwa.com. This time I can find a flight the almost matches the first ticket's return parameters. I take it.

8:57: I get an email informing me that the itinerary for my first ticket has changed (already!?!). Now the return legs match.

9:02: I exhale, put down the baseball bat and get a Jack and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment