Friday, January 22, 2010

Definition of Lutefisk

My sister posted a question about lutefisk on Facebook. Being a longtime resident of the area (a good chunk of that time in Minnesota), I thought I'd help her out. This is what I said:

Lutefisk is whitefish that has been soaked in lye. It is disgusting in the same manner that war is disgusting, but different. It is widely believed to be a delicacy in Minnesota, brought over by Vikings that got lost looking for a Superbowl trophy. It is actually only fed to mental patients in the secret sixth floor of the Mayo clinic, which cannot be reached by the public elevator in the lobby.
I think I got it right. Any of you Minnesota area residents want to fact check for me?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got it right. A quick description is simply "Fish Jello."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know only Minnesota fans will get the superbowl reference, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete