Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Perfect Day

I think today may have been the perfect day. There was barely a cloud in the sky. The temperature managed to find the balance between cool enough for jeans and warm enough for shorts. A bare hint of a breeze only seemed to blow at the right time.

My good friend Tim from the cities visited this weekend. He headed back this morning, but not before a nice breakfast and some good conversation. It was a fine cap to the previous evening, which included a great meal at Grazie's, a bottle of wine and some cards.

I even kind of enjoyed mowing the lawn! I'll be damned if that lawn mower didn't start on the first pull while seeing its first action since last fall.

Obviously, I had to pull the grill out on a day like this (may as well push my luck). Burgers and dogs on the grill followed by a long bike ride with Macy and Donna. Donna got a sweet new bike that she got to ride for the first time.

If every day was like today, life would be paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment