Friday, May 8, 2009

My MP3 Player Won't Stop Playing... Down In A Hole

Alice In Chains lead singer Layne Staley died from a heroin overdose. He obviously had a very hard time of it dealing with his addiction, as approximately 114% of AiC's songs were about heroin. They alternated between Staley bragging about his use and his ability to control it and his struggling with an addiction that was clearly spiralling out of control.

Anyway, I've heard this song about eight times this week. (Video not embedded because Sony BMG somehow thinks they will lose revenue.)

What it may mean: My mp3 player has been projecting my own fears in an uncertain economy, ennui about my job and my current residence in a down-cycled mood.

What else it may mean: It's hooked on sweet lady H and nothing short of an intervention by Michael Landon, Mrs. Garret, and Punky Brewster can save it.

No comments:

Post a Comment