Thursday, July 9, 2009

Of Reunions And Pork

I am in Georgia for my 20th high school reunion this week. I'll chronicle the festivities in this space (they take place Friday night and Saturday). Before all that though, the plan involves beer, pork, swimming, and Krystals. Mission accomplished:



For those of you that don't know what a Krystal is, I have an easy explanation: Krystals are basically White Castles, except good. As a matter of fact they're one of the greatest things in the world.

In between filling myself with beer, barbeque and Krystal burgers, my dad and I took time out to introduce Macy to the world of target shooting:





If you're wondering, Macy is firing a pellet rifle and a .45 replica BB pistol. After some early uncertainty, she got the hang of it and enjoyed puttin' the smackdown on some plastic cups. I don't own any guns myself, but I grew up handling them in their various age-appropriate forms (ed. note: "age appropriate" has a different definition in the American South) and believe that familiarity with firearms falls more on the side of "good idea" than "child abuse".

No comments:

Post a Comment