Friday, July 24, 2009

Ebony Predicts The Past, Not-A-Pit-Bull Bites Man, And Fox To Screw Up Futurama Return

  • In the wake of Michael Jackson's death, an old Ebony article is making the rounds in which the magazine projects (from the distant past of 1985) what several black celebrities might look like in the year 2000. No qualms here with being so far off on their MJ projection; who could've known he would use surgery to look like an alien banshee with occasional stubble? What I take issue with is the apparent belief by the editors of Ebony in the lasting stranglehold skinny ties, pastels and jherri curl would have on our society.

  • After reading this, I had two distinct thoughts. First, I hope everyone at the party is okay and that the thugs get everything they deserve and more. Second, the fact that a city cop and a transit worker can afford to spend $50,000 on a Sweet Sixteen party may help explain New York's budget woes.

  • I knew this story wasn't about a pit bull as soon as I saw the headline. I can't recall the last time I saw a dog attack story name the breed in the headline unless it was a pit.

  • Donna looked for a Tetris game for her DS forever before finding one used on Amazon. Here is a free take on that game. The best part is that you've tied the high score just by clicking on the link.

  • I should've known it was too good to be true. After it was announced that Futurama was coming back, I rejoiced. Now it looks like, in a cost-cutting move, Fox is going to replace the original cast. Way to suck, Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment