Friday, June 12, 2009

Social Butterfly

This week has been crazy with the going out and the drinking and the eating of the expensive food and the being with friends. Tuesday we got in half of the planned celebration of Macy's birthday with the dinner at Kobe's.

Wednesday we had dinner at a John Alexander's, where I overpaid for a steak but finally got to meet Kate, long-time acquaintance-of-acquaintances. She lives in L.A. and does all kinds of exciting stuff with movie star types. By reading this you are cooler for having known that I met her. You're welcome. Donna and I have a Christmastime date with her to get good and plastered. Send me your Hollywood-related questions now and I'll try and get them answered.

Tonight was the third meeting of the Microsoft Fargo Beer-Thirty Club, a group I made up in the spirit of liking to leave work early on Fridays to drink. We patronized The Winery, a small bistro-type joint owned and operated by an ex-Microsoft employee. We had a great time and I got to sample a few fine wines. You may find this hard to believe, but I've discovered that leaving work at 4:00 on a Friday to drink wine is way more fun that staying at work until 5:00. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment