Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shipping Up To Boston

I'm leaving at 5:00 am tomorrow morning with a couple of coworkers for a trip to Boston. We are visting some customers to get some insight into how thier businesses use our software and ways in which we could make their lives less of of living hell. Customer visits are always fun, since you usually don't know what you're walking into. They could have all sorts of complaints and not be shy about it. They might greet you with torches and pitchforks and suddenly you find yourself standing at the top of a tower waving your arms and grunting. All because you just wanted to be loved.

Your only real defenses to this are to remain calm and to show them some cool feature that will solve all their problems, one they didn't know existed. Luckily, my software suite is going into version 11 and is pretty jammed packed with stuff.

Anyway, I haven't been to Boston since I was a wee lad. I'm looking forward to seeing some leprachauns and the Pope. Also, I hope they have beer there. To get my self in the mood, I've been listening to the Dropkick Murphys on continuous loop for the past 72 hours.



Ooh, all that violence. I hope I don't run into a gang of street toughs while picking clovers and eating Lucky Charms. Ah, Boston. I remember it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment