Tuesday, May 24, 2011

End of the Rec Soccer Season Ushers in the Start of the Competitive Season

Recreational soccer for the Spring finished up this past weekend. MJ got a one day off to bask in the glow before practice started for her U-10 girls competitive team, the Pumas. This means I get to take off my coaching hat and put on my amateur photographer's hat for the Summer. But before that happens, I have a picture of the final incarnation of the 2010- 2011 Galaxy, the rec team I coached the past two seasons:

Not taken with an EOS 7-D.

They were a great bunch of girls. Really fun to coach and great listeners. They wanted to learn and get better throughout the year, which is always nice to see. I'm going to miss them. Hopefully I will get some of them assigned to my team in the fall as well (though some will be moving up to U-11 and so that can't happen). We'll see.

Now I get to find out how good of a choice I made in buying a DSLR. I'm expecting some great shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment